Friday, September 30, 2011

Faces of Dissent - The 99 Per Cent






Today was the twelfth day that some brave protesters hung out on Liberty Plaza in New York, near Wall Street to protest against the greed that prevails on Wall Street and the undue influence that big corporations have on government and society at large, not only in the USA but also worldwide. I will write a more extensive commentary in the next few days but needless to say that I am very, very sympathetic to the cause of these protesters. I hope that this movement will grow and develop into a worldwide campaign and finally change things that have been laid bare so evidently with the financial crisis in 2008 but not been tackled appropriately by politicians.


More information on www.occupywallst.org

These are some of the faces of the protesters. As I said more to come... this could turn into a long term photo project...

1 comment:

Holger said...

I would love them to get more exposure through coverage by you.