Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A UN camp for displaced people in Tbilisi

This afternoon I had the chance to visit one of the refugee centres in Tbilisi for displaced persons, run by the UN. It is obvious that with 127,000 displaced people, there is a humanitarian crisis in the making in Georgia. Most of the displaced people shown in the images are either from Gori or Tskhinvali. The sanitary conditions are pretty bad as there are not enough bathrooms and facilities for the number of people living in this centre.








1 comment:

Andrew said...

You have an amazing eye for pictures. I'm so happy that you are there documenting what the people of Georgia are going through. I hope you're able to get closer to either South Ossetia or Abkhazia. Although I'm not the photographer you are I would love to be there for the simple fact of helping the Georgians have an international voice through images. You've got a great heart and are a brave individual to be doing this.